Monday, June 3, 2013

Getting Acclimated. . .

When I last posted it was saturday, and I had yet to figure out the wifi in my apartment. Turns out the back of the packet that the cable company left had the SSID and WPS key written on it, so that solved that mystery.  After that saga was over, I decided to head to Redondo beach, which turned out to be only a half hour walk from my apartment. It's a really cool area, which is evident from the sign:

And of course the Pier itself:
But of course, I was only interested in the waves:
I then proceeded to go to a small Mexican food establishment, after a brief episode of embarrassment due to the fact that I didn't know what a "wet" burrito was, and the fact that the woman working did not speak English at all and couldn't explain it to me, I received one of the best burritos I've ever had. Apparently a "wet" burrito is one that has been soaked in salsa, rendering it delicious but also very messy unless eaten with a fork and knife:

After returning from the pier I decided to go shopping at Vons, a SoCal supermarket chain which happens to have a franchise across the street from my apartment. I couldn't believe some of the deals.  I then fell alseep watching Frida on the Spanish channel.

My trip to the beach on Saturday solidified my intentions to buy a surfboard, so Sunday morning I picked up this baby for the unbeatable price of $50, I call her "Sheila" 

Sunday afternoon my roommate moved in, and we had dinner with two of our supervisors, and today we started work. Turns out our employer will be providing us with a Toyota Forerunner to share over the summer which is going to be SOOOOOOO clutch other than the fact that it gets like 17 miles to the gallon. I'd write more about how work went but it was the first day so nothing important really happened other than some boilerplate orientation stuff, plus this post is getting pretty long as is.

Stay tuned!
YQ









No comments:

Post a Comment